Coastal style is almost a given if you live along the East Coast, West Coast, Gulf of Mexico, or along the shores of a lake. It’s hard to deny the inspiration of living near the beach, even if you live on the other side of a coastal state. The beach is a symbol for easy living, beautiful weather, sea and beach wildlife, and the nautical mysteries of the sea. But don’t feel pressured to deny yourself the pleasure of having a beach styled home if you live in a landlocked state!
Coastal and nautical styles are a big hit, and range in theme and color palette. Anyone can create a beautiful coastal theme within a room or even their entire home. Can’t decide if it is right for you? See below!
Coastal theme home decor may be for you if:
1. Frosted “sea” glass is more beautiful to you than any gemstone.
2. You love blue colors: seafoams, turquoises, navys, and aquamarines are your colors of choice!
3. A good time to you is kicking off your shoes and relaxing with a good book outside, under an umbrella.
4. Piña coladas are your cocktail of choice.
5. Wearing anything more than a sandal is tedious and uncomfortable to you.
6. Starfish, dolphin, or mermaid motifs are often found in your jewelry.
7. You vacation to “the shore” during the summer.
8. The Little Mermaid may have been your favorite movie as a kid (but if you still watch it, we won’t blame you!).
9. You love the organic structures of coral slices, starfish, and conch shells.
10. You’d go to the store in nothing but a swim suit and sandals, and not have a second thought about it!