Once upon a time, Havana was the place to be. It was in close proximity to the USA and a great place to get a drink where in the States prohibition was in effect, and it was easier to just go there to get your party on, not to mention the popularity of cigars. Americans have since been addicted to tropical locales, shifting their focus to places like Hawa’ii, Cozumel, Jamaica, and more. We all dream of a Tropical Getaway filled with white sandy beaches, crystal clear waters, colorful foilage, and fruity drinks that require umbrellas.
Thankfully, the wishful thinking and the tropical glam of days gone by have come back. Tropical prints have been revamped past tacky, and no one can wait to grab their sunnies to get their summer on. If you think the Tropical trend is hot, check below to see if it might be for you:
1. You’ve probably been to Hawa’ii, but if not, have had several luau themed parties.
2. To you, the five food groups are: Mai Tais, seafood, kabobs, Corona-ritas, and pineapple.
4. You’ve gone pineapple bowling.
5. You’re attracted to retro motel glam.
6. Moving to a place like California or Florida sounds great – long summers, hot weather, abundant sunshine!
7. In the summer, you wear your bathingsuit under your clothes, even if you go to work. Who has time to change when summer is here?
8. You’ve always liked the look of bamboo, and have wondered how patio furniture would look like indoors.
9. The plants in your home aren’t ivy or ferns. They’re banana palms, orchids, and potted ginger plants.
10. You’ve gone thrifting for mid-century tiki and tropical inspired goods that others would call tacky, but know they make perfect sense in your home.