Last up on our Style Series for Summer 2015 is the Savvy Studio, a quirky mash-up of mid-century modern and minimalism. This trend features a brighter mid-century inspired palette and quirky shapes and patterns. The style thrives on mixing and matching geometrics, florals, and solids to bring life into smaller spaces – without taking too much space at all!
Popular amongst college age folk and those looking for a way to express their individuality in a more classic way, this trend isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Is it right for you? See below to find out!
1. You were an avid watcher of shows like Mad Men and movies like Catch Me if You Can, but have a soft spot for quirky kid’s shows like Minions and Inside Out.
2. Your home is a rented studio apartment, or even one bedroom apartment, where the space is limited, the walls are white, and the flooring can’t be changed.
3. Prints, prints, and more prints! Chevrons, stripes, florals, even cute vintage inspired tees are part of your wardrobe – and decor. However, you may not be a big fan of abstracts.
4. Statement shoes and necklaces are a staple of your wardrobe.
5. Yellow may be your favorite color. Or mustard.
6. Your planters may be in the shape of dinosaurs, or birds, and succulents are your plants of choice.
7. Even if your walls are white, you are ready to invest in some temporary wallpaper or decals for some added pizzazz.
8. While you like to experiment with color, print, and silhouette, you want your decor to reflect cleanliness and order. With this decor style, you know what to expect!
9. Your space needs to be great for guests. Even if your pieces are quirky and small, they still need to be comfortable and perform a function.
10. Lastly, you need to be surrounded by art and books. Large scale canvas prints and mid-century style bookshelves full of books are, to you, the best decoration!
We hope you’ve enjoyed the Summer Style Series for 2015! Stay tuned for even more fun features and decor ideas from AC Pacific!