Traditional style will, of course, never go out of style. An updated version of a timeless classic can be an easy – an elegant – way to decorate your home. And if you want your house to feel like “a home”, this just may be the decor style for you.
How to tell if Traditional Style is the right style for your home:
1. While you enjoy your furniture having “character”, you view character as having carved or turned legs, antiqued finishes, and traditional style tufting.
2. Antiquing is a favorite pastime of yours.
3. When someone suggests a Pinterest tutorial on how to paint your inherited credenza to turn it into a shabby chic dresser, you ask them very politely to leave (perish the thought!).
4. Ann Taylor and Eileen Fisher are your homegirls.
5. When there’s a party in the family, it is usually hosted at your house, even if it’s for your 2nd cousin’s 3rd baby shower.
6. Martha Stewart and O Magazine can be found on your coffee table.
7. You know that there will always be a floral print (and/or lace) that will fit right in with your decor.
8. Ornate decor is great, but you know that there’s a place and balance for everything.
9. Crown moulding, wainscoting, and carved trim can make any room in your home come together.
10. You have a revered tradition for every holiday, including the Super Bowl!